Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Damien I'm David please to meet you all

My new scope awaitsfirst light :-)

Hello David and welcome to the thread.

Just got in from work so a little bit late posting sorry to say

Unfortunately, as is always the case, when I've been on night's its been crystal clear wetting my appetite then when I finish the clouds roll in and ruin it!

I can see a few stars but pretty much pointless venturing up there.

Fingers crossed there will be a few clear night's this week so with no more night's this year I'll try to make it out and catch a few late geminids

I'm hoping there's going to be a couple of clear tuesdays over the holiday season - I've got two days free lol

I have 3 days, bt they the onesno one else will want to play out, Christmas eve,  Christmas day, and boxing day

Has anyone managed to get out this evening? I have just had half an hour in the back garden with a warm mug if tea. Saw about half a dozen, a couple of which were beauties! Typical that the clouds have come across just as it looks as though they are intensifying. Just about right! Hope you have had successful evenings too :)

Sorry Damien I'm David please to meet you all

My new scope awaitsfirst light :-)

I almost forgot to say hi David and welcome! Hopefully we'll all manage to meet up and introduce ourselves properly soon. Bet you can't wait to give that new scope a proper try out :)

Glad they have the society website on there and hopefully those that attend will check before hand.

Maybe a good idea on the day to have some re direction leaflets at Horbury academy just in case people turn up there instead of QEGS?

*note to self* Come on here more often.

I'm glad people enjoyed the quiz and hope that my nerves didn't show too much. I'm thinking of trying to find the time to do a talk for the society and will base it on my current studies if that's ok? I think it will probably help me with my revision and may be something we can utilise going forward. 

Welcome to the group David, I'm another Vicky, to avoid confusion with the other Vicky most just call me Woozy :) 

Both Luke and myself really enjoyed your quiz, and you didn't seem at all nervous. Has anyone spotted any Geminids this evening? I have been out for an hour or so, but not seen any today. Been having a play with Luke's camera - trying out different exposure times and settings. Photographed the Pleiades, but left the exposure too long and it came out quite grainy and I also had slight star trails. Batteries back on charge ready for having another go. Practice make perfect! Hopefully, see you all on Thursday :)

First light for the dob I'm pleased to say that the optics are good and the goto works great 17mm eyepiece and in the field of view but.. There's always a but I virtually got to rack the focuser right out and partially with the 10mm eyepiecehave to balance it on the edge with to achieve focus :-(

Archived