Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it showing clear all night Tomoz so spent this evening sorting out all my equipment so think I'm gonna head up to winscarr Tomoz night if anyone fancies it.

I may be up there Kieran. Hope its not full of midges though

what about tomorrow night - wednesday - winscarr car park?

looking very clear from 10pm until 2am with low humidity and low wind. Also wanting a decent southern horizon so i can test out my new filters and get my first possible views of the eagle neb etc and all the other goodies in ophiucus/scutum.

Kieran, which car park is it at winscarr, as I;ve only been up there to the one place and dont know if there are other car parks.

what about tomorrow night - wednesday - winscarr car park?

looking very clear from 10pm until 2am with low humidity and low wind. Also wanting a decent southern horizon so i can test out my new filters and get my first possible views of the eagle neb etc and all the other goodies in ophiucus/scutum.

Kieran, which car park is it at winscarr, as I;ve only been up there to the one place and dont know if there are other car parks.

The one over looking the lake nick. I'm up there tonight from 8 for who ever is coming.

dont suppose you could put up a google map link - as the only one i know about is when you turn in to penine sailing club off Windle Edge road and its immedaitely on the left with the little benches and used to have some construction stuff at the end of it.

sorry i couldnt make it - and typically the forecast for this evening is starting to look a bit ropey... I will get this telescope out at some point this year!!!

No worries Nick. Was really good to see everyone and catch up.

I know how you feel Kieran and was march last time I was up there but I got a couple of things I'd never seen before last night which was more than worth the trip.

Shame we failed getting an image of the Saturn nebula Paul. Should be up for more night's up there now as it's dark quite early and still warm.

Sammy was zipping about all over the sky and had a good haul by the end of it.

excellent night and company at Winscarr last night as already said. Damian was severley put to the test by my telescope playing up no end, not going where it should have and not playing fair with terrible guiding :(

however i did manage one set of semi decent M31 subs, only 10 minutes so need lots more but at least it is there

andromeda 19-08-2014

stayed up till after 4 to see Jupiter and Venus rise this morning but had put everything away so didnt manage any snaps but it was pretty amazing  and worth the late bed :)

Amazing image! I can't wait to get to that level. Anyways a bit of forward planning. I think I'm going to go to the galloway star party - since its in november what am i going to need to camp out and not end up with frost bite?

Me and Kieran are going wed through to Sunday. Both of us have electric hook up so can have a heater. You'll need a really good sleeping bag (mine is a Vango supernova 5000 rated as extreme -23deg) air bed and and ground Matt for starters. I've got a merino wool base layer and good winter clothing. Lots of hot drink's and food.

Archived