Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i finished worked at 3:30am thursday morning. The skies were wonderful so i got the bins out. I had a good look at pleiades and tbh i think it was the best view I've ever had! I also looked at what i think was the spiral cluster - it was above pleiades and to the left. I saw a fuzzy patch above pleiades and slightly to the right so I'm guessing it may have been m31, but I'm not entirely sure it was extremely feint and at first i thought it was a globular cluster. Can anyone confirm my findings?

Any one know what size the thread is on the T adapter that comes with the revelation eyepiece kit?

I have the T-Ring as well,  but it has got me thinking, if its M42, then I could use the T-ring as a lens adapter to use other lenses on my 1100d

Any reason this would not work?

Leigh

A T-ring is M42x0.75mm metric thread pitch

M42 lens mount is M42x1mm metric thread pitch

So, they are close, but not quite the same.

Thanks for the info Matt.

Looks like an option I was considering would be just as expensive a s a nifty fifty then

That was a 20mm F1.4 with  a 42mm thread

Saw a few last night, some reallllly bright ones to, and an ISS pass.

Now its getting sensibly dark - does anyone fancy a meet up next week at wins Carr or Sutton bank?

May get out and dust the scope off Nick but will be a spur of the moment thing as I'm still busy with everything

Archived