SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Thanks Paul, was pretty happy with them to say I was just holding my phone up to my EP.

The spring mounted screws would replace my collimation screws and double up as collimation screws but as I say I really don't feel brave enough.....just yet :D might wait until after I upgrade to try it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a try at some white light solar imaging, here are the results;

a3asepe2.jpg

zygy9ama.jpg

Ended up having to use my Samsung Galaxy S4 through a 32mm EP. Tried both my DSLR and webcam but unfortunately my focuser doesn't have enough inward travel to focus right :o Have seen a mod on here for a 130mm telescope, where they put the primary on spring mounted screws so you can move the primary up and down the tube. Might give that a go when I feel brave enough :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

great stuff Jeremy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never mind Leigh. I know you can only do weekends.

I am thinking Wednesday night but if more people can make Tuesday night I will be home from about 8.15ish so could do then. Only a matter of lifting the dome up :)

Let me know so I can firm up a night please

Cheers soupy

sorry soupy,

in london tomorrow and wednesday - with the very slim hope of getting back early enough wednesday evening for my little uns Brownie Promise ceremony. If the trains are late, I will be quite cross to say the least!

Think well stick to original Wednesday plan, so far there is me, Robin, Matt, woozy and Jim and my next door neighbour... That makes 6. We might just mange at that. Is 6.30 OK for people?

Just a gentle reminder that this Thursday is our monthly meeting!
Dont forget we have the esteemed Paul Money delivering a guest speaker talk on "A Guide to Simple Astrophotography" and it starts at 7.30

We are not going to be in our normal room. However if you go in to the main reception as normal, one of the committee members will direct you to where we're set up.

Besides the normal monthly guide to the night skies and Pauls talk - we will be canvassing you all on what you would like the society to organise for this coming Autumn and Winter months and give you an update on what events we already have planned.

That ok for me.

I just had a brilliant idea that would maker the job a lot easier,   how friendly are you with the farmer next door?   it might be he has a small tractor that has a front loader that will fit into your garden, few straps job done,

Shame, cause that would be great way to get it lifted up at least and cut down on the hard part. I have pestered Sam to come up with me as an extra body later.

Archived