Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

can any of you guys explains this image for me, what am I doing  wrong,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xoh0uok44hmzd6/wierd.jpg?dl=0

Unmodded Canon 1100d , EF 50mm lens,  ISO 800, 4 sec, at F1.8

Taken at soupys place in Keilder last night,  other images seem to have come out fine, but I have quite a few like this, didn't appear like this in camera.

Thanks

Leigh

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time in Winscarr last night... Police and all! Sorry I missed it but the skies at Kielder were looking pretty amazing and it would have been a shame to drive back down to Winscarr when we had clear skies here :p

Got a few shots but was knackered after a very busy day and have no computer to do any processing but will try to upload one or two when I remember to bring my camera to the cafe that has wifi. And apologies for not replying to texts etc as there is absolutely no mobile signal within 5 miles of the house :)

Thanks yet again to Leigh for the van and help... Glad you got decent views of the milkyway and not sure what is going on with the camera, looks like lens flare but not sure...

Just had a thought Leigh... Is that the RAW or JPEG file? Might make a difference for processing like we spoke about in the van

The file I posted here is a jpg but the cr2 raw is exactly the same

I get it might be lens flare, but that doesn't explain why its not showing up when reviewing the pics in camera

I dropped into Windscar reservoir to see if I could see the milky way and take a star trails picture and ended up chatting with a few of your members. I had a good chat and saw the Jacques (C/2014 E2) comet through Damien's telescope. Milky Way Winscar v22.jpg

Hello Gareth,

Nice to meet you, and for wondering down to have a chat with us. Your welcome to join us for our next observing session and society meeting if you want to pop along.

Damian

Right managed to get a few shots and have Internet at the cafe. So here goes...

House during the day

post-22085-0-67011500-1408973193_thumb.j

And last nights Milkyway, 30 sec exp. 6400 ISO, no processing what so ever... Not bad eh? ;)

post-22085-0-39102900-1408973305_thumb.j

Other side, with Cassiopeia, Perseus, Andromeda, double cluster and all sorts of other gems!

post-22085-0-32770300-1408973462_thumb.j

post-22085-0-70025800-1408973913_thumb.j

Cheers guys can't wait to get the team up here, I have picked out the camping spot and given it a mow yesterday ;)

The vignetting is due to the new lens reducer Leigh, which gives me a wider field of view turns the 18mm into approx. 9mm basically, will email you the file when I get home as don't think the band width is great here... :)

It's approx 160 miles Nick, so at 40 mpg that's 8 gallons there and back :) so about £50... ;)

Your big glass would see forever up here Damian, but hopefully you are not going to wait until it is done before you come up :)

It's approx 160 miles Nick, so at 40 mpg that's 8 gallons there and back :) so about £50... ;)

Your big glass would see forever up here Damian, but hopefully you are not going to wait until it is done before you come up :)

It will be a long wait if I did! :-(

my audi doesnt do 40mpg... ever.... even going downhill.

so it'll be nearer £100 round trip :Envy:  but worth every penny!!! Might have to car share with someone with a 'not so large scope', to help with fuel costs if we do regular trips.

Archived