Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

I am hoping the cloudy bits in the image are the milkyway. as that's what I was aiming at,  but as I don't have a fast widefield lens, was using the Tamron 70-300 F4 I have,

Really need to go out and get a nifty fifty

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time I have been up to Kielder I have had the same this year Nick! You will prob get one goodish night and all will be forgiven ;)

Hoping it clears up soon though things are looking very good for the house to go through this Friday, fingers crossed. Then we can start to organise a WADAS camping trip up there :)

Leigh, for a fast widefield lens, have a look at the old Olympus Zuiko 28mm F2.8, 35mm F2.8, 50mm F1.8 in OM fittings, you can then get a cheap OM to Canon EOS lens adapter.

Price on ebay varies from £20-£45 so quite cheap, or look for a 2nd hand Canon 50mm like you say.

Thanks for that Matt, been looking for those Olympus lenses on fleabay cant find them at those kind of prices, and the adapter is £23,

Local CEX has the canon at £58 so will probably go but that if its still there come payday

Hi Guys, I kind of understand two things - I have no idea what i'm doing and I don't have enough darks, and no flats and not enough exposures to stack, however I sort of hoped that I would have been able to get slightly more detail out of this image of M31.

You're all welcome to have a play and see what you can do with it!

Clear skies!

post-33062-0-48221300-1407278274_thumb.j

Was an Olympus om mount to kind 70-210 the 50 mm one went for £17. Might have a go with your image tomorrow sam if I get the chance, prob won't be camping at the kielder star camp but will be up at the new house I imagine :-)

Hi Guys, I kind of understand two things - I have no idea what i'm doing and I don't have enough darks, and no flats and not enough exposures to stack, however I sort of hoped that I would have been able to get slightly more detail out of this image of M31.

You're all welcome to have a play and see what you can do with it!

Clear skies!

I wouldn't even try at M31 yet Sam it's the hardest DSO of all of them to process you need all kinds of exposures to bring out detail in that it is a very difficult object to process.

Typical, beautiful skies last night so went out on a spur of the moment thing (after too many beers) and hit every issue going.

Lens fogged over and I didn't notice so lost 10 of 12 30sec subs. Grumbled a lot and had another go.

Battery died.

AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Archived