Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks but they ruined a good picture there why turn it upside down and ruin a great image just wish they would speak to me before publishing.

Yes I understand your frustration Kieran.... but technically there is no such thing as upside down in space so its OK.

Just a quick message to remind you all of tomorrow nights society event at Horbury Academy for Star Gazing Live 2014.

We look to be very fortunate with the weather - for once - and the forecast is showing clear skies from 6pm until late. So the plan of action is still to have an observing session from 6pm in the academy car park and then all troop inside to watch a bit of Cox & Co. from 8pm Star Gazing Live. Then once we've finished watching SGL we can all go back outside and do some more observing.

if the weather ends up torrid, we'll do a telescope workshop inside then watch the telly.

We are hoping this will be quite a good public event - so if you are happy to let the public use your telescope (under strict supervision of course), then please come along at 6pm and set your scope up next to my dob. If you would rather not let people use your scope - dont feel pressured into doing so, just set it up slightly further away. I am hoping if the weather is good and we have a few people willing to volunteer their scopes - and some public!!! - to get all the scopes on the same target and let people have a look, see how they work, track, goto etc etc etc and maybe give them an idea of what would suit their needs and wallet and aspirations.

hope to see you all tomorrow night!

Will try my best to get down there with my scope, work has been pretty manic with the christmas rush so I missed a couple of meetings,

Am up at stupid o'clock in the morning so wont be staying for long.

Look forward to getting out with my scope, weather and work have kept my observing limited to a pair of bino's in the back yard for a couple of months.

Hopefully, the more intrepid members of the public will venture out for a look.

See you all there.

Tony

Archived