NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's probably still there - slumped over the laptop snoring his head off. :grin:

Sammy, try downloading and printing the atlas from here: - http://www.uv.es/jrtorres/triatlas.html

last night i was using map set A second edition, which goes down to mag 9 on 25 charts.

But I am going to give deepskyatlas a try as well and compare the two - found here http://www.deepskywatch.com/deepsky-atlas.html as that goes slightly deeper, but its 80 pages.

Great outing last night lad's and really enjoyed it, hope your first time up there lived up to expectations Sammy.

As Nick says seeing not perfect but still able to pick out M81,82 in the finder.

High light was the super nova M82 and NGC4244 or caldwell 26 which is a large loose spiral galaxy and very easy to spot and much brighter and larger than NGC3628 in the leo triplet.One of my all time favourites and a galaxy I will revisit in the near future when my light gathering ability increases!

Great company and I wish I could've stayed till the dawn broke as the crescent moon with Venus above looked spectacular and almost made me wish I had a camera

Also came away one eye piece lighter helping Nick increase his panaview collection

Sounds like it was a good night, I got drawn in to the football since it was still cloudy at home. It cleared later but didn't look great.

Had a productive evening instead modding the 200P, installed thumbscrew collimation bolts, made a washer/ptfe ring combo for the secondary and took the secondary mirror out ready for painting matt black.

Should hopefully have it all back together in time for Sunday's meeting.

Archived