NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Nice captures Nick. Great advice as well guys.

Leigh if you want to change exposures you'll have to flash the camera but not sure how to do that, and they are not too good for DSOs as chip too small and not CCD. Stick to planets and moon and you should do a good job. Also a good idea would be to make a hole in one in the bottom of those old plastic camera film holders you used to get big enough for the chip to see through, then attach that to the web cam. The front will then make a sealable cover and it will fit perfectly in the focuser. Here is a moon capture I did with a £7 modded ASDA web cam and 2x barlow

post-22085-0-72862500-1391461881_thumb.j

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well as the weather is like it is and thought it might be best to sell up as not looking good for the foreseeable future i thought id process an image i took at Galloway star party i tried processing before but never manged anything decent as thought there was not enough data to play with so here is Caldwell 49 Rosette Nebula with only 60mins data, shows how bored Ive become lol cant wait to get back out imaging.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/astronomer69/12327524595/   ENJOY!!!!

Well as the weather is like it is and thought it might be best to sell up as not looking good for the foreseeable future i thought id process an image i took at Galloway star party i tried processing before but never manged anything decent as thought there was not enough data to play with so here is Caldwell 49 Rosette Nebula with only 60mins data, shows how bored Ive become lol cant wait to get back out imaging.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/astronomer69/12327524595/ ENJOY!!!!

Sell up? Weather has not been anything to write home about I'll agree.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/astronomer69/12327524595/   ENJOY!!!!

are you selling up Kieran?

Either people were worried about you selling up and quitting Kieran or they were thinking of grabbing a bargain of some of your kit! Haha only messing ;-)

You couldn't possibly quit you still have a big universe out there to image :-)

jeez, this weather is truly appalling!

forecast is for clear 4pm till 7pm (no good to man nor beast), then cloud until 9pm then chucking it down again. Monday looks like a possible cloud dodging session though. Rest of next week looks like a drowned rat again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone is all set for Wednesday night and our trip up to Todmorden Observatory. I am sure you have all had the email sent out please do your best to reply to it to let us know who is going across so we have a rough guide for numbers. We are aiming to get there between 7 and 7.30 but don't worry too much if you are a little later. Please feel free to bring along scopes bins or whatever else you want to do some observing with. If it's a clear night we will get the chance to see some pretty dark skies.

Unfortunately most of the society meeting and event dates have landed on weeks that I work afternoon shift this year, so I am unable to attend on Wednesday.

I'm gutted about missing the trip to Tod.

I hope its good night for observing for all of you.

Tony.

I'm on nights guys so gonna have to give it a miss sorry to say

Weather has been truly awful the only astronomy I've been doing is grinding and scope building!

The mirror cell for Gain's scope is more or less complete.

As for the grind my blank has a 10mm curve in it.I will make a blog or DIY thread about it all eventually

Damian

Archived