Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Yep sounds a good idea Sammy, Kieran can you do this?

As for Friday, Think we are leaving the session as is, 5 till 7.30 at the school. ISON may be no more but at least we could do some general observing with the kids and anyone else who turns up. :-)

Yes will look into it

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, chaps - can't make it Friday as I'm doing a concert at work.

Do you need any money for the event? I can get the cash box/cheque book to one of you by then if need be. If it's just small expenses I now have some petty cash so we can reimburse things in cash up to about £15, or by cheque if it's larger.

Have fun!

Don't think we need any cash Steve, unless I order tea and coffee as per the meetings, then we will get a bill from school anyway.

Good to have a few of us there, and don't worry about not having a scope Robin, be good just to have the help and support. If I can I will bring the Terrascans as well as the skywatcher, so might need someone to look after these. They are not yet aligned but will work as a 6" scope if one eye is closed. :-)

I was looking at the website and think we need to add an e-mail address for contact and also details of where the events are taking place as its not really clear eg. location & post code/map etc.

Could we get that added?

The website is now updated with address and maps of locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have put the email on the about page Kieran so no need to add it now, was just having a play about with it to see what I could do. :-)

Anyway car is packed with scope and Terrascan bins, let's hope weather holds out but it is not looking good!

I have put the email on the about page Kieran so no need to add it now, was just having a play about with it to see what I could do. :-)

Anyway car is packed with scope and Terrascan bins, let's hope weather holds out but it is not looking good!

Is the event still going forward soupy? as its a bit cloudy out

Loving the met check Sammy.

Last night wasn't a total waste of time. We have 7 adults and 7 students turn up, had a good chat for quite some time, collimated Peters and Luke's TAL scope, kids got collected had a further chat then drove home.

Looking forward to a clear night next Friday for meteor observing at winscarr.

Last night wasn't a total waste of time. We have 7 adults and 7 students turn up, had a good chat for quite some time, collimated Peters and Luke's TAL scope, kids got collected had a further chat then drove home.

Excellent!

Archived