Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

a suggestion for monthly meeting dates-can they be organised around a time when either side of a new moon as there isn't much point organising an observing session afterwards if the moon is up.

still not seen any of the links I posted on the site or drive so don't know if I just cant see them or they aren't there.

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crash, club night is the 3rd Wednesday of each month, which over the year pretty much covers most of the lunar cycle with the way the Wednesdays land and difference between monthly and lunar calendar. Some peeps like the moon, and see can also possibly demonstrate webcam imaging of the moon etc if we ever do get the weather to observe afterwards.

Those links are all in one document on the Google drives 'resources' folder, which reminds me I have a few more to add to it.

Paul - I'll send you an e-mail in a bit. We've had a message from the BBC admin about how to apply for the resource pack.

Kieran - I resized a small image so it's a bit blocky. If you want a better version on there just send it through.

Cheers,

Sam

will do Tomoz Sammy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typical, rubbish weather forecast...

I'm keeping fingers crossed just incase. You never know. Was clear as a bell 2.30 this morning but wind was up so not good and don't think seeing was great as stars were twinkling lots.

If it turns out OK will go to the car park near the sailing club. Hope we can all get out for a few hours at least. :-)

Rich you are mad not taking the tickets, would have been a good do I bet.

Archived