Another Aussie saying Hi

Dragon Man

G'day all,

I'm Ken.

New to this Forum but not to Astronomy.

Was invited by Karl (Hubble Bubble).

56 y.o. and been into Astronomy since about 6 y.o.

BUT never got to see through a telescope until I was 27, and I had to build that one myself to use it.

Since then I have been doing Visual (which I still do occasionally), Astrophotography (first with a modified ToUcam webcam then DSLR), and now devote all my time to 'Live' Video Astronomy and AstroVideo Broadcasting (Astrocasting) live on the internet.

But I still do a bit of Visual on Club nights.

Founder and current President of the 'Snake Valley Astronomical Association' in Victoria, Australia.

Apart from the usual monthly club nights we also hold 2 Astronomy camps each year.

My other hobbies are Motorcycling (current ride: Harley Road King), sketching, Rugby League, and playing Guitar.

That's about it for me  :grin:  

Cheers

Ken

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G'day Ken, as long as you're not a storm supporter, welcome. Sharks man myself, takes a brave bloke to admit that :D.

Scott

G'day Scott,

No, I am a Dragons Supporter. have been my whole life  :grin:

My usual avatar has a Dragons Logo in the corner but I didn't use it in here because I thought no-one would know what it is LOL!

I put it up.

Welcome to SGL Ken. :)

I'm just starting out doing some VA with a Mintron mono camera. When it's on I'm getting better views on the monitor through my scope than at the eyepiece in my mates 16" scope! :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

G'day all,

I'm Ken.

New to this Forum but not to Astronomy.

Was invited by Karl (Hubble Bubble).

56 y.o. and been into Astronomy since about 6 y.o.

BUT never got to see through a telescope until I was 27, and I had to build that one myself to use it.

Since then I have been doing Visual (which I still do occasionally), Astrophotography (first with a modified ToUcam webcam then DSLR), and now devote all my time to 'Live' Video Astronomy and AstroVideo Broadcasting (Astrocasting) live on the internet.

But I still do a bit of Visual on Club nights.

Founder and current President of the 'Snake Valley Astronomical Association' in Victoria, Australia.

Apart from the usual monthly club nights we also hold 2 Astronomy camps each year.

My other hobbies are Motorcycling (current ride: Harley Road King), sketching, Rugby League, and playing Guitar.

That's about it for me  :grin:  

Cheers

Ken

Hi Ken,

Welcome to SGL and I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do!  I did not know you ran star camps and that might mean a visit from me one day!!

Best regards

Karl

G'day Scott,

No, I am a Dragons Supporter. have been my whole life  :grin:

My usual avatar has a Dragons Logo in the corner but I didn't use it in here because I thought no-one would know what it is LOL!

I put it up.

I spent my last 10 yrs in the gong before moving over here so I've got a bit of a soft spot for the steelers/dragons although there hasn't been much to right home about for them this year :(.

And the swans are gone so I'm hoping for a chooks/dockers premiers this year. anyway, enjoy your time here and try not to rub our noses in it over those aussie skies ;).

Het Ken,

welcome to SGL.  Look forward to hearing some reports from the southern skies.  I'll be visit Oz next year hopefully.  Haven't arranged anything yet, but Adelaide and Sydney will be on the list.  Had some friends migrate to the Victoria area so might end up your way.

Nevertheless, hope you get lots out of the lounge.

Clear Skies,

MMM

Archived