Hello .......... and an apology

Jesterowl

Hi my name is Alan and im from Aberfreezeshire.

Now the apology ..............

Sorry to any stargazers from round about Aberdeenshire because you are due to have months and months of cloudy skies from Monday night onwards (maybe Tuesday depending on how good the Parcelfarce service is) as i have just ordered a skywatcher 130P with autotrack mount and a few bits and pieces.

Supposed to be a birthday present for the mrs but i reckon i will get plenty good use from it too.

off to do some more reading now so i may be a while

Al

Please tell me i havent made a huge mistake and bought the wrong scope but from all i have read so far it seems about the best for the size and budget (considering my original budget was "about £100" )

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL!

If you could keep the cloud up there I'm sure there are a lot of people on the forum that would be forever in your debt! :grin:

A lot of people on the forum seem to have your scope and I'm sure that you will be amazed by what you will see with it. One thing to check soon after you get it is the collimation. It may sound a bit daunting, but if you read up on it first and maybe even go through a couple of practice runs during the day so that you know what you are doing it really isn't that hard. Believe me, if I can do it then anyone can! It can be something that makes the difference between a fantastic experience and a bit of a disappointment. But do take your time and don't rush things.

Clear skies!

Thanks guys (and girls)

looks like i was right ............. clearish skies through the day but clouding over just as its getting dark :rolleyes:

never mind i can still get out to fly Jester (an owl .........hence the user name :smiley: )

The main plan is that I can take the mrs to one of the farms i use to hunt and leave her with the scope then disappear off with him for a while to exercise him (he isnt  much of a hunter to be honest as he knows he gets fed either way) then join her at the scope for a while

Archived