NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M31 - Andromeda Galaxy with Ha added (reprocessed)

GordonH

Hi
I wasn't totally happy with the combine of Ha with my LRGB image of this subject as the colour was a bit washed out and some of the detail especially in M110 was lost so I had a rethink and used a different method to combine the Ha in order to keep the original colour and detail. Also as a friend of mine suggested I combined some Ha with the blue channel so that the resulting Ha mix mimics the Hb as well as the Ha hence the magenta colouring of the star forming regions. It isn't so easy to see these regions on such a small image so I've provided a link to the full size image below

http://ic2.pbase.com/o9/29/869929/1/152441197.pSroUIse.M31LRGBfinalHab.jpg

Thanks for looking
Best wishes
Gordon

post-943-0-68535200-1379885308_thumb.jpg

Now that, Gordon, is a real beauty. I think the Ha has contributed but far more important is the improved flattening, which now looks bang on. This is a lovely processing job, both finely detailed and yet 'soft' in the good sense of not looking over processed. In fact the processing seems invisible, just as it should.

Really super. 

Olly

Archived