Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Esprit-80 and Esprit-100 Incoming

FLO

No problems, I think a lot of people want to get their hands on the finished item, I'm glad it's not being rushed which implies SW want to get it right.

When will you be accepting pre-orders?

Yes :smiley: 

I just tried to add the option to place a pre-order but it didn't work because I was unable to also put the full retail price. I have a horrible feeling my attempt has triggered a whole pile of emails to everyone who clicked the 'Notify me...' button telling them it is now in stock. Sorry about that  :blush:

They are going to be in short supply so I will make a new listing enabling people to pre-order. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problems, I think a lot of people want to get their hands on the finished item, I'm glad it's not being rushed which implies SW want to get it right.

When will you be accepting pre-orders?

They are going to be in short supply so I will make a new listing enabling people to pre-order. 

Placing a £100 deposit at our Skywatcher Esprit-80 ED PRO pre-order page will secure you a place in the queue. 

We will then be in touch for the balance of payment prior to dispatch. We cannot say at this stage how much that will be but rest-assured the price will be competitive. 

You will also be covered by our 30-day return policy so you can place your order with confidence :smiley:

As with Skywatcher EQ8 PRO pre-orders we will dispatch Esprit-80 ED PRO telescopes on a first-come-first-served basis. 

HTH, 

Steve 

skywatcher_esprit_80_ED_triplet_2.jpg

Oh go on then - in for a penny in for a pound :D  If you say you'll take it back and give a full refund if I'm not happy with the value I think I'll give it a go :)  With the new mount I think I can pile the scopes on top :D

Actually, I can see there'll be a run on these like the EQ8 so offering refunds would not be a problem :)

My main question would be the comparison in prices with the equivalent (or nearest) Borg - they look very good.

Right thats my deposit down in the queue.. Doesn't look like you triggered the "Notify me" before Steve..

Gina, I was really tempted going Borg for the adaptability, but checking the sample rate with my 314L's this came out more favourable for me.

Any information about the focal reducer [removed word] field flattener for the 80ED version yet, Steve?  I take it the stated 400mm FL @ f5 is for the basic scope and that the FR/FF will reduce FL and give larger aperture

Hi Gina, 

from what i've read, i believe that the matched flattener isn't  a reducer too so i think it stays at F5.  Not sure at this point if other flatener/reducers will work but if my schoolboy german and google translate is anything to go by, it looks like the person in the article that Jez found(above), has fitted a Riccardi reducer to the Esprit 100ED

John

Hi Gina, 

from what i've read, i believe that the matched flattener isn't  a reducer too so i think it stays at F5.  Not sure at this point if other flatener/reducers will work but if my schoolboy german and google translate is anything to go by, it looks like the person in the article that Jez found(above), has fitted a Riccardi reducer to the Esprit 100ED

John

Thank you John :)  That's alright - not too bothered, I can go wider with lenses of using mosaics.  Probably won't need a flattener with the size of sensor I'm using (Atik 460EX) though a DSLR (mono-ised) might see some funnies in the corners/edges.

The Evostar 80ED needed the reducer to get a half decent aperture.

A Triplets field is invariably more curved than a doublet Gina, i can't speak for this scope but i need a flattener with my 80mm Lomo and i'm using a Atik 314. It will be interesting to see with this new scope

Hmm.. I was hoping I'd get away without it with a 314l.. Maybe not then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

A Triplets field is invariably more curved than a doublet Gina, i can't speak for this scope but i need a flattener with my 80mm Lomo and i'm using a Atik 314. It will be interesting to see with this new scope

Just out of interest which flattener do you use? I picked up an 80 mm William Optics Lomo earlier this year, great scope.

Thanks

Stu

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Ah - I see.  I was hoping to get away without the flattener - oh well...  As you say - have to wait and see.

I have been looking at the Espirit 80 too.   It looks a good setup.  But once you add the FF then you are at nigh on, 65% of the price of a Tak.  Ok I grant you that the remaining 35% is still a decent whack.  But I might hold out for a Tak, the "once scope to rule them all..."

Hmmm... I've just been reminded I have a birthday in 10 days and she's just casually asking if there's anything in particular I would like... Errr... let me see.. Oh.. yes..  there was something I had in mind... now then.. what was it again..  :grin:  He he he.  Well this looks like one I won't have to sneak into the Obsy :laugh:

Archived