Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Esprit-80 and Esprit-100 Incoming

FLO

Well, mines arrived.. I have my hands on one at last... :smiley: Thanks to ALL at FLO  who made this possible... arrived before the Order completed email !!

The "free" astro tennis balls surprised me...  I'll be posting over in the equipment section shortly..

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you go for that, get a couple of spacers made too, to allow maybe +/- 2mm either side, 

I've produced a new design which provides for adjustment of the optical length.  See my Esprit 80ED thread post #120 in "Discussions - Scopes / Whole setups" forum.

We are taking a slightly different approach Gina :smiley:

The attached photo shows a prototype of an adapter to fit Skywatcher reducers for Evostar 80, 100 & 120 ED PRO telescopes and the flattener for the Esprit-80ED PRO.

It has been carefully designed specifically for use with an Atik 400 series camera and EFW2 filter wheel. It will place the camera CCD precisely at the correct distance. Nice and easy :glasses2:

We have others in development for use with other telescope/camera/wheel/oag combinations… 

The one shown here will be released first (2-3 weeks) as it is almost 100% finished.

The finished adapters will be black-anodised. 

HTH, 

Steve 

post-54-0-64986800-1384530449.jpg

The attached photo shows a prototype of an adapter to fit Skywatcher reducers for Evostar 80, 100 & 120 ED PRO telescopes and the flattener for the Esprit-80ED PRO.

It has been carefully designed specifically for use with an Atik 400 series camera and EFW2 filter wheel. It will place the camera CCD precisely at the correct distance. Nice and easy :glasses2:

We have others in development for use with other telescope/camera/wheel/oag combinations… 

The one shown here will be released first (2-3 weeks) as it is almost 100% finished.

HTH, 

Steve 

That's very interesting Steve and an excellent idea :)  Do you have any idea how much you will charge for it yet?  Would you like me to give it a workout? :D

That's very interesting Steve and an excellent idea :)  Do you have any idea how much you will charge for it yet?  Would you like me to give it a workout? :D

The first one will be mine  :grin:

I had planned to use a Borg 71FL but with all the attention the Esprit-80 is receiving I have taken one out of stock for my own use with an EFW2 and 460EX. 

You are of course welcome to try one Gina. 

The price hasn't been set but it will be similar to our other adapters. 

I'll start another thread here in the sponsor section when they are released. 

post-54-0-00460200-1384533444.jpg

HTH, 

Steve 

Nice one Steve.. I might go for one of these too.. I'm finding the spacing a lot more critical on the 80 than with my other scopes & that's with the 285 chip!

The 4000 has a 16.5mm backfocus, do you have an estimated time for the 13.5mm Atiks to be available?

The 4000 has a 16.5mm backfocus, do you have an estimated time for the 13.5mm Atiks to be available?

We have some testing to do but probably three weeks(ish). 

Just wondering when you'll have these in stock Steve?

We are expecting a delivery of Bahtinov masks for the Esprit telescopes very soon, probably tomorrow :smiley:

Does anybody know if the Esprit 100mm APO has a 68mm thread connection at the end of the focuser.

I cannot use the field flattener because there is not enough back focus for my setup.

I read somewhere that it had but I cannot find any other confirmation.

John

I am posting from home so cannot be sure but, from memory, the Esprit-100 has a M65 thread at the end of the focuser.

Hopefully an owner will confirm or correct me but if not I'll check when we re-open in the morning.  

HTH, 

Steve 

Does anybody know if the Esprit 100mm APO has a 68mm thread connection at the end of the focuser.

I cannot use the field flattener because there is not enough back focus for my setup.

I read somewhere that it had but I cannot find any other confirmation.

I am posting from home so cannot be sure but, from memory, the Esprit-100 has a M65 thread at the end of the focuser.

Hopefully an owner will confirm or correct me but if not I'll check when we re-open in the morning.  

I was nearly right :smiley: 

The thread at the end of the focuser is M74 (the thread adapter supplied with the flattener reduces it to M65). 

HTH, 

Steve 

• 2 weeks later...

The first one will be mine  :grin:

I had planned to use a Borg 71FL but with all the attention the Esprit-80 is receiving I have taken one out of stock for my own use with an EFW2 and 460EX. 

You are of course welcome to try one Gina. 

The price hasn't been set but it will be similar to our other adapters. 

I'll start another thread here in the sponsor section when they are released. 

Hi Steve,

Will FLO be bringing out a M65 to T Adapter for the Esprit flattener?.  Or does the flattener require 48mm due to some optical reason?

Cheers John

Archived