Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Esprit-80 and Esprit-100 Incoming

FLO

This is definitely a good news day  :grin:

The Skywatcher Esprit-80 and Skywatcher Esprit-100 triplet refractors are both scheduled to arrive here in the UK and be ready for dispatch "within two weeks". 

We don't yet have an official price but are expecting the Esprit-80 to retail around £1100-£1300 and the Esprit-100 around £1700-£2000. An official price will be released soon. 

Both models will be supplied with a 9x50 RA erect-image finder-scope and a 2" dielectric diagonal. The 80mm has a mounting shoe and the 100mm is supplied with tube-rings and dovetail. 

Separate dedicated flatteners will be available for both models. When used with their flattener the Esprit 80 will have a 33mm field coverage and the Esprit 100 40mm (the Esprit 120 & 150 cover 44mm). 

skywatcher_esprit_80_ED_triplet_2.jpg
skywatcher_esprit_100_ED_triplet_2.jpg

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were some alignment issues with the 5-element Esprit-100 so it is no longer available. I am told it will be rereleased, but we don't know when. A 5-element f5 refractor is a very ambitious project (several big names have tried and failed) so kudos to Skywatcher for attempting it. I hope they succeed. 

The 80 and 100mm refractors incoming are both triplets. Skywatcher have proven themselves with the Esprit 120 and 150 triplets so we are confident the new models will be a success. 

I took the image for what it was, a quick and dirty 3 subs , and  roughly stacked.  Guess we will have to wait for more images to appear.  They do appear to be coming online in Canada as I guess stock has been delivered over there.

Pm'd you Jez with the other image

I took the image for what it was, a quick and dirty 3 subs , and  roughly stacked.  Guess we will have to wait for more images to appear.  They do appear to be coming online in Canada as I guess stock has been delivered over there.

Pm'd you Jez with the other image

Makes sense, assuming they're shipping to BC, Canada's a lot closer to Japan than us  :rolleyes:

Cheers for the PM and link!

ah yes some stretching of the stars in that corner - wonder if he was using the field flattener?  Will have to wait until someone does a full test of it and posts some more reasonable (and hopefully more representative) images.

ah yes some stretching of the stars in that corner - wonder if he was using the field flattener?  Will have to wait until someone does a full test of it and posts some more reasonable (and hopefully more representative) images.

that's a good point. If FLO don't even have information on a matched field flattener its unlikely this guy even used a matched one, or one at all.

Yeah,. I am so sorry that I haven' been able to produce 1 images since I got mine 2 months ago. The weather has been terrible in the past month and the only clear night I had was ruined by a powertank running of out juice. From my experience with the scope, trying to image without the flattener will leave most user unsatisfied. I did see some 5s grab of M31 in a really dark site with my Sbig STF-83000m before I ran out of juice and I liked what I saw.

Archived