Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Esprit-80 and Esprit-100 Incoming

FLO

I'm just doing myself a checklist of bits needed for hooking up to the Esprit 80. So thinking out aloud here I thought I'd add some info I've come across into this thread as it may be useful to others. Hopefully you'll be able to confirm this is actually correct Steve.

The backfocus using the FF is 75mm

The image circle is 33mm

So, In my case I'll be using Atik 314L+ & EFW2. Giving 13.1 + 22.3 + 0.5(filter) = 35.9mm

This leaves a whopping 39.1mm for a spacer (or OAG, Rotator :laugh: )

I beleive the FF presents a M48 connection, so for me thats an M48 to T thread.

The other thing to consider will be balancing. I believe the 80 comes with a vixen style foot like my WO scopes.

It'll probably need a longer bar attached to this to give more forward/back travel.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any news of whats in the box?  American and Canadian sites have the reducer, the dlsr camera adapter, spacer, finder, and an case included.  I think that you have indicated that the reducer will be an extra in the UK, but is everything else included?
John

The Skywatcher Esprit-80 and Esprit-100 telescopes have arrived :grin:

Unfortunately they are in very limited supply so are on allocation (we have received only a percentage of what we requested). 

The prices are: 

Esprit-80 with case : £995 

Esprit-100 with case : £1695 

Optically-matched flattener for Esprit-80 : £119 

Optically-matched flattener for Esprit-100 : £149 

At £995 the Esprit-80 must surely be a game-changer! :glasses2:

We will update our product listings with new photos today. 

So i guess the next question is, when will you get more in stock  :rolleyes:

I think i hit that pre order button pretty quick, but maybe not fast enough.

Hi Jez, 

Unfortunately others ordered before you so your order will be fulfilled from the next delivery. We did order enough but they are in short supply so we didn't receive the full quantity. We are reasonably confident there will be another delivery in December, we'll have a better idea later today or tomorrow. 

Hope that's okay, 

Steve 

(I'm guessing you're busy updating the website as I type :grin: .. Mr impatient here... )

Yes indeed, I am developing hard skin on the ends of my two typing fingers :smiley: 

They look very similar to the ones made for the Skywatcher Evostar PRO doublets. 

Ordered and paid for and (I'm told) on it's way - yippee :) :)  Gather I was FIRST :D

Indeed you were  :icon_salut:

I am really sorry we cannot dispatch telescopes to everyone who ordered. It is intensely frustrating  :sad2:

We'll do our best to establish when the next delivery will arrive. 

Sorry John, we are doing our best to find out when the next delivery will arrive.

On the assumption they will be in short supply until the New Year our advice to anyone wanting to secure an Esprit-80 or Esprit-100 is to place a pre-order soon.

Skywatcher Esprit-80 pre-order

Skywatcher Esprit-100 pre-order

Have placed a pre-order. Good price with the reducer I thought.

Looking forward to getting that "in stock please pay now email"......

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank-you Stuart :smiley:

Having to tell customers there aren't enough to go around is not fun so thank-you for your patience and understanding  :blush:

We have requested an ETA for the next delivery so will post an update soon, hopefully tomorrow. 

Thank-you Stuart :smiley:

Having to tell customers there aren't enough to go around is not fun so thank-you for your patience and understanding :blush:

We have requested an ETA for the next delivery so will post an update soon, hopefully tomorrow.

I will be patient, actually waiting a few weeks helps with a bonus I'm due....

They do look good don't they?

Thanks

Archived