Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Esprit-80 and Esprit-100 Incoming

FLO

The problems in that image star wise go beyond what a flattener can fix. I suspect drift as well, so not an entirely useful 'test'.

I want this scope to be great! I wanted the 100 to be great too, but so far I'm sticking to my ol' EDs.

/Jesper

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is definitely a good news day  :grin:

The Skywatcher Esprit-80 and Skywatcher Esprit-100 triplet refractors are both scheduled to arrive here in the UK and be ready for dispatch "within two weeks". 

We don't yet have an official price but are expecting the Esprit-80 to retail around £1100-£1300 and the Esprit-100 around £1700-£2000. An official price will be released soon. 

Both models will be supplied with a 9x50 RA erect-image finder-scope and a 2" dielectric diagonal. The 80mm has a mounting shoe and the 100mm is supplied with tube-rings and dovetail. 

Separate dedicated flatteners will be available for both models. When used with their flattener the Esprit 80 will have a 33mm field coverage and the Esprit 100 40mm (the Esprit 120 & 150 cover 44mm). 

Any news Steve. long 2 weeks!

.. trying to decide wether to go Borg or wait for one of these .. 

The Borg 71FL at f3.9 is part of a modular system, features Canon fluorite optics and a helical focuser. It is also in stock now. But, there is no wrong decision when choosing between the two models. Both will perform very well, of that you can be sure. 

HTH :smiley:

Lots of new intel and such, although i can't read German, the photos look nice.. 

http://interferometrie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/skywatcher-esprit-80400-und-100550.html

I believe this is the same photographer who astrobinned M45.

Yes, the images are excellent. Looks more than a little promising.

Olly

The FF/FR on that scope on the top picture looks like the one for my ED80.... 

I've read from multiple sources that it has an integrated (but detachable) flattener.. And one of his images in that link noted the flattener was on, even though it didn't have the reducer screwed on like other images in the post. Maybe he was trying out the native flattener then the standard SW reducer.. Who knows.

Lots of new intel and such, although i can't read German, the photos look nice.. 

http://interferometrie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/skywatcher-esprit-80400-und-100550.html

I believe this is the same photographer who astrobinned M45.

Google Chrome does a good job of translating this.

The first M31 has dodgy stars along the right-hand side:

http://cdn.astrobin.com/images/1df8addb-48fd-46f0-86f5-72472a8d6172.png

The second M31 looks much better. Beautiful, in fact:

http://cdn.astrobin.com/images/49a3c3a2-a2f3-49bd-a3be-ab82baf07d32.png

Speaking as a delighted Espirit 120 owner can I suggest (sorry FLO) that you try the scope first and then get the flattener if needed !. My flattener is still in its box from the day I bought it. Never seen any curvature at all :smiley: Planning on getting an ED80 as a guide scope so it might get used then.

Steve

This is definitely a good news day :grin:

The Skywatcher Esprit-80 and Skywatcher Esprit-100 triplet refractors are both scheduled to arrive here in the UK and be ready for dispatch "within two weeks".

We don't yet have an official price but are expecting the Esprit-80 to retail around £1100-£1300 and the Esprit-100 around £1700-£2000. An official price will be released soon.

Both models will be supplied with a 9x50 RA erect-image finder-scope and a 2" dielectric diagonal. The 80mm has a mounting shoe and the 100mm is supplied with tube-rings and dovetail.

Separate dedicated flatteners will be available for both models. When used with their flattener the Esprit 80 will have a 33mm field coverage and the Esprit 100 40mm (the Esprit 120 & 150 cover 44mm).

(The photos below show beta models which might differ from the finished products).

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is becoming a long 2 weeks??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Speaking as a delighted Espirit 120 owner can I suggest (sorry FLO) that you try the scope first and then get the flattener if needed !. My flattener is still in its box from the day I bought it. Never seen any curvature at all :smiley: Planning on getting an ED80 as a guide scope so it might get used then.

Steve

I don't think the tiny chip in the Atik 314L+ is really a good test of the flatness of a telescope.  I have a Esprit 120 and a QHY8L and you most definitely do need a flattener with this combination.

Chris

I don't think the tiny chip in the Atik 314L+ is really a good test of the flatness of a telescope. I have a Esprit 120 and a QHY8L and you most definitely do need a flattener with this combination.

Chris

Good enough for me ,I'm not making it up!

The turquoise aberration on 52 Cyg  looks awful... 

The pic of Billy's on FB isn't ideal, but the "aberration" you are talking about is part of the nebulosity, lit by the bright star.

I took the 150ED I had on loan to Kelling Heath, and had it tested for visual performance by one of the UK's most experienced observers. In his words, "There's nowt wrong wi' that!"

I'm glad he said that as I'd already agreed to buy the scope :D

Sorry about that. There has been a delay but I am confident they will be released this month and it will be worth the wait :smiley:

Steve

No problems, I think a lot of people want to get their hands on the finished item, I'm glad it's not being rushed which implies SW want to get it right.

When will you be accepting pre-orders?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Archived