Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi fellow members ...

astrojunkie1

My name is Dave and im down in the south east (London) where the sky's are polluted with light

but im fortunate to have a dark back yard good enough to spot the two stars either side of m13

on a good night.

My current scopes are...

Helios 5 inch F8.3 refactor

Diy 4 inch F2.9 refactor

In construction a Diy 5 inch F 3.6 refactor

Diy 9 inch reflector dob base

Mirrors in progress..12 inch F5 19mm plate glass

13 inch F6 or 7 19mm plate glass

9 inch F6 19mm plate glass

My first introduction to astronomy was at the age of 5 standing in the front garden with my grandad

looking trough a pair of binoculars.The next time i looked up was when i was 15 trough a 60mm refactor

and i remember Saturn bobbing around looking dark and not very sharp.My real interest in scopes came in

1992 when while looking at a 6 inch reflector for sale i saw out of the corner of my eye a very large dob in

the corner of the room so i asked with great interest where it was purchased from and was given a name and

was pointed to an area about 5 km away and was told "somewhere over there". It didn't take me long to locate

the person who made the scope and from then over the years we became good friends and i enjoyed many

days and nights either sitting in his workshop or staring into the hevans with his scopes. 1992 was a long time

ago now but i still remember those days like they where yesterday, i can still smell the coal tar pitch !!.

After making a more permanent move to the UK i thought it time again to start looking skywards since it was a new

hemisphere to explore i tough why not.

Archived