Hi from Manchester...

stevew65

Hi everyone, I have been having a good read of the many threads in the forum and it is a wealth of really good information and advice on all subjects, one thing I have noticed is the friendliness and understanding comments from all the users - some sites are no where near as friendly. All the info is also helping to decide what scope and area of astronomy interest me. I would call myself a new starter although the skys have intersted me for a while and I have looked around with binoculars and spotting scopes.

I'll let you know in another post what my choices are etc. In the mean time hello and I hope to be around for some time learning how to observe and get the most out of this fascinating hobby.

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum. The key thing at the beginning with regards to kit, is to take your time and do the research. In particular looking through some examples of this kit which you can do by attending a local observation evening organised by your local astro club. That way you can easily create your own 'datum line' of what type and size of scope will best meet your own expectations of what you want to see and thereby make sense of what all those scope specifications you read really mean. There are plenty of people here to help you through your journey no matter how daft the question may seem, so don't hesitate to ask away under the appropriate section.

Clear skies in the meantime and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Thanks for all the welcomes - appreciated.

Big Man (Steve), Do you attend a local Astro society?

JamesM, Thanks - Your right, I have binoculars at the moment, Turn Left at orion and several other handy books and have contacted a local astro society so hopefully over the next few months I can put it all together :o))

Thanks again everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived