Hey Folks,,, from Ian in Lancashire

supernova65

Hello everyone, its great to finally be here

been reading here for a while and been fascinated with the universe for a long time but never done anything about it , so I finally took the leap.

Just ordered my first scope after many hours of research both here and on the web in general.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/reflectors/skywatcher-explorer-130p-supatrak-auto.html

I know its not the best of scopes by far but on my budget it seemed to be the best i could afford at the mo.

some say the EP,s arnt great so here I come looking for that all important advice from those in the know.

Also hoping to do a little webcam imageing

and the internet is a minefild , so if anyone has any cam experience with this type of scope I would be most greatfull.

should get my new toy by the weekend so will update then.

looking forward to a new horizon.

Clear Skies

Ian

Wow . Thanks for all the welcomes. Great to see so many from my neck of the woods too.

Just heared my scope has arrived , but im workin away till friday :( .

Sure ill have lots of questions once ive had a play . Hoping the new scope gremlin gives me a break and I get first light this weekend.

Clear skies all . :)

Welcome mate. Awesome choice of scope - the 130 tubes are brilliant and let in loads of light for the money. Should be really portable and quick to setup too. Lovely job.

Hold off on the eyepieces as others have said, choosing these can be quite involved. How are you going to power it? If you are going to use batteries then I think it is 8 x AA to give you the required 12v. Bear in mind if you are using rechargeable AA batteries they are usually 1.2v only and 8 x 1.2v is only 9.6v.

This might only be a problem for the fully computerised mounts, someone might be able to advise whether you'd be OK on 9.6v or if it might be worth getting a little portable battery.

Anyway, enjoy it and ask for help on here - they know a lot!

Hi Ian, from another Lancastrian.

There's a few of us about on here it would seem!

That's a fine scope too. I saw one through the window of Lamberts in Lancaster just yesterday.

I didn't go in. The MD was in a hurry and they didn't seem to have the sort of scope I'm looking to upgrade to.

Archived