NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi All

Tonys

I' m Tony and I live in Upton-on-Severn near Worcester. I've been a back garden stargazer for a while and thought it's about time I signed up given that Stargazers Lounge is always where I come to first for information. I enjoy straightforward visual observing of pretty well anything up there and am amazed at the views that low cost equipment can give these days. I have a Skyliner 200mm Dob, an Evostar 120, a very heavy but much loved Tal 2 and binoculars. Plus a little 90mm skymax Maksutov that astounds me optically but breaks my heart mechanically owing to horrible focus backlash. So far I have resisted the world of GoTo and am trying to master the lesser constellations to improve my very inadequate star hopping ability.

Hi Tony welcome to the lounge,

you have some very good kit, the best way to learn

the night sky, is to keep star hopping, get yourself a

good sky chart and persevere, that way you gain the

knowledge and after a while it gets easier, I always say

the old way is the best and most enjoyable way.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Hi Tony and welcome to the forum. Nice collection of scopes you have there and different types at that. Look forward to reading up on your observations when the skies get darker as you will see plenty with your scopes. I use goto a lot and for me it comes into its own when you observing during nights when there is some cloud about and which can make star hopping a little frustrating - helps increase the total nights that can be used for observing! :grin:

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Archived