Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Andromeda Widefield with the Astrotrac

iksose7

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You place the star that you use for focusing on one of the four points where an imaginary line 1/3 rd of the way in from each edge intersects...

Then reframe for composition...

Peter..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

With the intention of ..... giving the best focus across the field?

Thanks for that Peter, i will have to have a go. I've actually used your focusing method a few times but recently it keeps slipping my mind and i dont remember until halfway through an imaging session! I am quite interested in trying the mask as well, just to compare results. M45 will make the perfect test subject as soon as it rises :)

Clear skies

I imaged M31 twice but never came close to your kind of detail, makes me want to do it again..lol

Great work!

Hi, thanks Michael! If you were imaging under dark skies and got a decent amount of exposure time then chances are you woud be able to pull an image like this out of the data, it just takes persistence and some playing around in Photoshop haha

Archived