Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Binocular Astronomy, 2nd Edition

I'm thinking seriously of getting into binocular astronomy. Wanting to buy 2 pairs of bins (opticron 10x50 & Helios apollo 15x70) have got a 8 inch dob but I work nights and struggle to use it often,find myself using my cheap bins more. Binocular astronomy seems a better option for me. Also easier too transport to local park and on weekend trips. I will defo be buying this book :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I recently had to sell my dob and eyepieces due to an unforeseen circumstance ,which gutted me to be honest. but im looking at getting a pair of binoculars to keep up the hobby. therefore I think your book might be a good buy. look forward to reading.

I recently had to sell my dob and eyepieces due to an unforeseen circumstance ,which gutted me to be honest. but im looking at getting a pair of binoculars to keep up the hobby. therefore I think your book might be a good buy. look forward to reading.

Well done on the book Steve. Rory - i think you will get a huge amount of enjoyment in observing with them. In the last month i have used them as much or more than my telescope. Scanning the southern sky around scorpius and sagittarius , and over the last few weeks charting the brightness of the nova in sagitta. Unlike the dob you can sling them over your shoulder to escape the light pollution - you might even see more messier objects !

andrew

• 2 weeks later...

My copy turned up at my new house. Unfortunately my bins (and all my furniture and belongings  :grin:) won't turn up until Wednesday. Still at least I have something to read in the interim. Hopefully by the weekend (weather permitting) I can have first light with my new bins.

Archived