Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello to all of you

mal-j

Hello everyone, I'm Mal and I'm joining here at last after being into astronomy for 20 years on and off (I'm now in my early 60's). My first telescope was a Celestron celestar8 sct which I enjoyed using a lot and I subsequently upgraded to a cg-5gt mount which then died on me :embarassed: . Having been away from the hobby for a while, I'm now eager to start again as soon as we move house which is imminent. I have a domed observatory (2.2 m) in sections right now having bought it secondhand with a pier-tech3 pier (I think anyway, it has the double column), so am looking forward to seeing it in the new garden (and using it of course). I'm hoping to upgrade again to a larger sct , maybe a refractor and a new mount for the pier (I'm really interested in the upcoming EQ8) so I'm sure I'll have many questions to ask all you more experienced people out there. Clear skies...

Yes, welcome to the forum. In a job I had years ago I had to travel down to the Forest of Dean frequently. A beautiful part of the country, especially in the Autumn. I would imjagine the skies are good down there too! Regards, Paul

Thanks again.

Hi Paul, I'm looking forward to living there in about a month. We'll be on the edge of a small market town so hope it's ok, it'll certainly be better than where I am now for light pollution!

Archived