Hey everyone.

Droopy1824

Hey everyone,

I'm brand new to the hobby, just got my first scope earlier this week and of course it's been cloudy every day since then. Just thought I'd stop in and say hello to everyone. Any beginner advice is greatly appreciated!

Hi Drew and welcome to SGL ;)

When the time comes that you need to ask for some advice, or just want pointing in the right direction, post here and you'll get a multitude of great answers!

In the meantime, I hope your skies clear for you. It's not much different over the pond in my part of the UK at the mo. :)

Alright guys, got my first dumb question. So I'm using a Celestron 130mm Astromaster scope and I bought the Celestron lens kit with it as well. So my question is will buying a $200 Televue eyepiece make a huge difference? It's obviously going to be better than the Celestron kit I bought, but I'm assuming that I am somewhat limited by the cheaper nature of my scope. Any input would be appreciated.

On a different note, thanks for the welcome! This is with a doubt the friendliest forum I have ever been on.

Archived