NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Galsgow

brendant

Taught an introduction was in order, have been a member of this forum for a while but not posted as yet.

Started in astronomy around six months ago, have a Tal-2 6"-f8 Newtonian scope mounted on a Skywatcher EQ5 Synscan mount, image with a Canon 400D at prime focus and with a range of Canon lenses.

Live just outside Glasgow so have to put up with the light pollution which makes imaging difficult.

Brendan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to Brendan

I must say you've got a wonderful site. I just love the comet pic - top notch

Good to see another scot too. SGL's scottish population grows daily - we should really get an organised scotland star party together...

Cheers

Andrew

Welcome to Brendan

I must say you've got a wonderful site. I just love the comet pic - top notch

Good to see another scot too. SGL's scottish population grows daily - we should really get an organised scotland star party together...

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew - "Scotland star party" - that is a good idea. How about at the Kindrogan Field Studies Centre? - 9 miles east of Pitlochry. My local Astro Soc (Glasgow) has a "dark skies weekend" there and the skies are truely dark. Glasgow and Strathclyde Uni's Dept of Adult Education also go there for a dark skies weekend. The Centre has acommodation, the staff are "astronomy converts", the food is good, and there is a bar :icon_jokercolor: The staff turn off all outside lights after dark and put up shutters at the windows - so it is VERY dark - knocks Kielder into a cocked hat as far as dark sky is concerned. Weather is better than further west in Scotland too. It is 2hrs from the central belt and probably under 90 minutes for you. So it might be worth thinking about.

Hi Brendan - glad to see another "local" astro nut. Feel free to come to the Astro Soc of Glasgow lecture this month, on the 20th at 7.30pm. "Active Galactic Nuclei & Supermassive Black Holes" - Prof. Ian Robson, Director ROE. I will be there, so please say "hello".

Tom

Thanks for the welcome, if the weather ever clears up I will be posting some more images as time permits.

Tom, time permitting I might be able to make it along to the ASG event, recently attended the Winter Night Sky course at the Science Centre which was a good introduction to stargazing, amazing the quality of the views projected. Thoroughly recommend a visit to any other budding Scottish astronomers young and old to the planetarium, they run shows daily, only found out about it some months ago even though it has been there for years.

Brendan

Archived