Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Neighbours

Boltonian

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Five+ copper nails in it will kill it within five months.

You lot don't know how lucky you are i have to do my viewing in front of my house in the spare parking spot as the tiny yard is overlooked by shops with security lights, in front i have around eleven street lights for local shop parking and a old peoples sheltered housing tower block over looking that.

Even had people taking pictures of me from the block and on top of that i have to keep an eye out in case the local feral youth decide to try and smash the scope in.

So na :p

Sounds to me like you need to move! :)

my neighbours have a look on their face that keeps me thinking that i´m spying on them :eek:

especially when i build up my small ed80 during daytime...what will they think of when i´ll have a bigger scope? :grin:

on the "bright" side...during "dark" time they lower their blinds...

...maybe they realy think that i´m spying on them :evil:

Until the bats almost hit me. I'm sure one of the blighters likes to annoy me - felt the wind off his wings a few times the other week at dusk. :)

Don't worry they will be very agile and careful to avoid you as they won't want to damage a wing. They are just after any midges/mozzies that have gathered around your head.

I used to observe from a balcony on my flat. Most people didn't take much notice but I did get some (usually drunk walking back from the pub) shouting up. Lucky now I've moved I have a high fence one side and large bush the other.

Currently our neighbours are mostly frugal with their lighting.

Not that it helps. Light pollution here is dreadful. We are in the centre of a large conurbation with Blackpool to our south. Them there darned "Illuminations" are the work of the devil and they now drag them out from August to November :(

We will be mortgage free this summer and plan to down size as soon as our 22 year old son bogs off. That won't be too long off as he has a good job and is saving for a deposit on his own place :)

I'm thinking observatory planning may play a role in our relocation considerations!!

Not that it helps. Light pollution here is dreadful. We are in the centre of a large conurbation with Blackpool to our south. Them there darned "Illuminations" are the work of the devil and they now drag them out from August to November :(

We will be mortgage free this summer and plan to down size as soon as our 22 year old son bogs off. That won't be too long off as he has a good job and is saving for a deposit on his own place :)

I'm thinking observatory planning may play a role in our relocation considerations!!

Ah, the loving bond between father and son :grin:

And of course you have discussed this point with your wife.

And of course you have discussed this point with your wife.

Plenty of time for steering her in the right direction.

I was allowed an observatory in our first house. Never got further than laying a circular slab at the bottom of the long garden we had. Nice observing spot though..

Plenty of time for steering her in the right direction.

I was allowed an observatory in our first house. Never got further than laying a circular slab at the bottom of the long garden we had. Nice observing spot though..

..ha i wonder how many have done that before!

My academic-type neighbours "pull out all the stops" at weekends. Both divorced, it's "his OR hers" kids on alternate weekends? I partly sympathise - It's never hugely noisy, but ALL their (slightly frenetic?) activities take place within 10 feet of my place. No fences, no privacy, and Guests / Kids forever "overflowing" onto my driveway. I guess I just find it wearing - Coming (literally) face to face with (tripping over) some... stranger, *every* time I go out of my back door. :icon_redface:

PLUS they've just acquired a dog - Nice enough Pup. But, having destroyed furniture, it's now chained up in their back garden. Add 6-8 hrs barking / howling on working days - They both work full time. Oddly, the bloke came to "discuss" that one with me? But aside from establishing it "must be very noisy" and moaning about HIS own (the Dog's?) lot, offered no solution! Bit like his rogue "security light" - Still flashing away at me in my back garden at night. :(

Hey, I'll stick it for another couple of years... I poured heart and soul into that observatory! But set against peace (of mind) - Sanity, even? Hey, I'm off back to some small FLAT in da single-person "ghetto"... :p

Talking of neighbours, the stories I could tell of the couple next door to me and their not so bright children. Like the time they went away and their security light mysteriously stopped working, <_< Or the time she called the bill to me, and ended up being charged with wasting police time.

Talking of neighbours, the stories I could tell of the couple next door to me and their not so bright children. Like the time they went away and their security light mysteriously stopped working, <_< Or the time she called the bill to me, and ended up being charged with wasting police time.

What did she call them in for?

I have noticed that most of us have some sort of problem with neighbours. I have a solution to the problem: we should all pack up and move in next to each other. Think of all the problems that would solve :)

I had some neighbors stateside that were nervous when I brought out my gear. So I went over and invited them over to check out the equipment. They loved the views, and came to realize you can't focus a large telescope on objects and windows at such a close distance.

Well we just had the house we were interested in renting confirmed today which is good, moving feels a bit more real now.

Anyway apparently one of our neighbours is a local police officer and the other is only there on weekends and in the summer so I'm hoping it wont cause too much trouble.

Hopefully when we move in we get a chance to meet the copper and hopefully his English is better than my Spanish so I can tell him not to shoot me as sometimes I will be in my yard at night.

Best of laid plans and all that.

Archived