Hello all...

Astro Nort

Well, having recently invested in my first telescope, after a few years of contemplation, and so thought it wise to join a popular amateur astronomy community, so here I am. I registered a few weeks back and a lot of my beginner questions have already been answered by the knowledge and experiences shared by the members of SGL :smiley:.

I've always been fascinated by the complexity of nature and the thought that we all live on one of a countless number of planets. I've watched all kinds of nature and space stuff on tv and read lots of stuff on the net and recently asked myself a question. The question wasn't "why don't you buy a telescope?" but "why haven't you already got a telescope?", to which I didn't have an answer. After a week of researching and pondering I promptly ordered an 8 inch dob which I love so far.

I've downloaded stellarium (awesome!) which I'm using to learn the skies and in between, eyeing up some accessories eyepieces etc to buy.

So there may be some queries coming your way, and maybe some of my experiences as a noob to astronomy could be useful to other noobs alike.

Gary

Archived