NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New to this forum.

Friedberg

New to this forum and saying hello to everyone.I live in an orange/Bortle scale 5 zone of the Inland Empire of Southern California and I have been observing for just over 3 months. I have a Celestron AstroMaster 114EQ & CG-2 mount to start out with for now with a few EP's,Moon filter,UHC/LPR filter,OIII filter,motor drive for tracking,Orion AccuFocus and a few other goodies that make life bearable with this Bird-Jones 114mm/4.5" F9 reflector. I am currently using Stellarium,Robin Kerrod mapping the skies and the star guide,Turn Left At Orion Fourth edition(reprinted 2013) spiral bound book and the Turn Left At Orion Web pages to go along with the book for my observing sessions. I have an eye towards upgrading to a Celestron 8SE but still reading up on reviews of some other SCT's & mounts and have not totally counted out a Dobsonian yet. Cheers and clear skies. :cool:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum. Looks like you've set yourself up there with all that you need which will provide you with a great start and look forward to reading about future observation sessions.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Archived