Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TeleVue Ethos 13mm

kevd

Really like the look of this - it has excellent reviews. Was wondering whether it is worth getting it for my Celestron CPC 800. Would really be interested in anyone's views (pardon the pun!)

l

I have the 13mm Ethos and it is brilliant in my 10" f4.7 Dob. The 8" SCT is f10 so eyepieces are not so critical as regards quality. The best review of Saturn that I ever had was with a SCT and Pentax EPs which has a smaller FOV.

Notwithstanding there are a large number of members on this forum that have SCTs so I am sure you will get some advice.

Mark

The 13mm was my first Ethos and it's a stunning eyepiece :grin:

With a SCT you might get pretty much the same effect for a lot less £'s with an Explore Scientific 14mm 100 degree though.

I have one and it's a superb eyepiece. I use mine in scopes with focal lengths from 1200mm to 1840mm (from f4 to f11) and in your scope it would give about 150x. this is very usable as a planetary magnification I'd expect.

That said, I prefer my 12.5mm BGO for lunar (certainly always) and planetary (usually) as it appears to give a slightly more detailed and 'cleaner' view than the Ethos. I really don't like the moon in the 13mm Ethos but that might be just me. Anything else is just stunning, globulars are fantastic.

If you can afford it, you canot really go wrong.

I cant afford Ethos money John, I wish I could. I'm more ES part of the field. Have a nice big parcell with 6 eyepieces on its way to me at some point this week, hoping it arrives soon.

That sounds exciting :smiley:

Thats 6 first light reports we can look forward too :grin:

I couldn't afford to buy a new Ethos either - all mine were used.

6 eyepieces and I thought I was OTT.

I only hope you get some good weather to use them because it is still a few weeks before I can bring some.

I am sure they will be great, If the glass is the same as the Meade ones used to be, I had the 4.7mm, 6.7mm, 8.8mm and I still have the 14mm, you have bought some very nice eyepieces . I don't think you will be disappionted with your choice.

Alan

Now I just need to devise a plan to get them into the house without the wife cottoning on. :D If I stop posting after the end of the week you know she realised what happened :D:)

you should get them sent to your neighbour or work mates thats what i do

It would appear Stargazing00 6 new eyepieces will last him a life time, it could be over by the week-end.

Flowers , say it with flowers. or send her shopping.

The good thing is with them all being the same make she may not think there are so many, hide the boxes though.

Alan

I've got the following ES82N2's coming: 4.7 , 6.7 , 8.8 , 11 , 14, 18

To say I'm excited this week is an understatement... :)

Well done Stargazing00, wish I could afford more but buying s/h at the moment.

Archived