Just arrived in UK - Bristol

sozi81

Hello dear Members of this fantastic forum,

i am Antonio, 31 y old, happy to meet you.

I am italian, just moved from Rome 2 days ago here in Bristol, UK.

I win a fellowship and so i came to this university for 1 year's contract.

Is there somebody from Bristol?

is there any association where to continue my observation?

Within few days there will be the PANSTARR and i would ike to see that comet!! Is there some club, or star party, where i could join and start observing?

in italy i have telescopies like dobsonian 12" and rifractor 80 mm apo (equinox sw) with one i do astrophotography.

I hope to meet some people from there, soon as possible..

Ciao!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Antonio and welcome to the forum. I'm sure Bristol Astro will be organising an event to watch the latest comet so its worth making contact to see what they are up to. Hopefully it will be bright enough to see against Bristol's light pollution - shocking! :grin:

Clear skies and enjoy the forum.

James

Ciao Antonio :)

I have been to Rome several times over the last few years (only for one day each time though) and it is a beautiful place.

And welcome to the UK. I hope you settle in OK. I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell you about any astro groups in or around Bristol. They do exist.

Good luck and ciao :)

Thanks to all of You.

You are so kind and gentleman with me.

it's a little bit difficult to learn a new language, work in different way , eat in english way, but stars... stars are always the same in every country we go.

Rome is a nice city but there is lot of light pollution.

From Bristol i haven't noticed the same : it's incredible clear , not always cloudy, sky.

I hope to hear news from somebody near to Bristol.

I am about to buy a binocular for these month that are coming. RP OPTIX NEBULA TRIPLET 20x80

Archived