Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Part Night Lighting Essex

Scooot

are they out at you end? i live fairly new mayflower and there on all night

Can't really tell, I can only see an orange glow in the distance, but that might be the other street lights. If they have gone off it hasn't made a difference but my guess is they haven't.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Just came back from work. A13 from 5 bells to Sadlers farm was still lit as Xmas tree at 00:40 but A127 to my surprise was completely dark in some parts. Driving was bit more difficult than usual but wit bit more caution it was ok.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Contra to my previous note....Hawkwell goes dark on the 26/1/2014...and my road is on the list....though one road (hill Lane) has no markers associated with it at all....yet I can see there streetlights from my front room.

We will wait and see how good it gets...quite excited really. Has anyone really noticed a dramatic change...or not really?!?

Yes definitely have noticed it.  I was imaging M101 from about 1:00am on Saturday night, when it was still very low down (no more than 20 degrees above horizon) directly over Colchester. Would never have bothered with targets in that direction before the switch off unless they were 50 or 60 degrees above.  I guess the effect is variable.  If you have a street light at the end of your garden that goes off you will certainly notice a big improvement, but the effect is less dramatic but still noticeable when you are out of town.

Well our lights have started going off. Stayed up last night to check and bang on midnight out they went.....all except for the road opposite me which looks like its Parish owned....did make a difference though. Now cannot wait for good seeing...last night was awful. seemed like lots of high cloud. We shall see how this goes....

Nice Blazar, get us some pics I want to see how much of a difference it makes.

I'm going to have to order some red torches by the 16th as i'm used to having enough light outside to read my notes! I have a streetlamp literally outside my front gate.

Well it seems Essex County Council have backed down a fair bit regarding Basildon - it seems a number of the "problem" estates are having their lighting left on - thankfully my estate is part of the switch off but the estate to the east of me is having it left on.. Hopefully there will still be a reduction of that horrible orange glow but it will not be as good as it could of been - still, look on the brightside - all those pensioners who complained about it being switched off can now walk the streets after midnight in safety....

Would grab some pics....but my DSLR decided to die on my last holiday, and not replaced it...yet.  I will see what I can do when the weather clears up a bit, and I have time to 'borrow' the wives EOS-M....

Shame about the Basildon reversal. Not sure hoe far Essex County Council can force Southend Borough council to follow suit.  I will have to put some pics up of the new houses put up within 18 feet of my back fence....just hope there are no security lights going on them.

Well you should come to Chelmsford, nice and dark from 12-5, I didn't realise it was not the whole of Essex yet, I think there are still some pathways that they still light up but I'm in Chelmer Village and we have fields opposite so it is quite dark, just need to get rid of these clouds!

Well you should come to Chelmsford, nice and dark from 12-5, I didn't realise it was not the whole of Essex yet, I think there are still some pathways that they still light up but I'm in Chelmer Village and we have fields opposite so it is quite dark, just need to get rid of these clouds!

I work in Chelmsford and go out there sometimes and have indeed been on the streets after 12 - very dark indeed!

Archived