SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Part Night Lighting Essex

Scooot

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard work, went down the pub tonight with a couple of friends for dinner and they brought up the subject of the lights going off at midnight. They were quite surprised with my reaction and support for it, but it highlighted the anti views of it to me and the unnecessary fear it's caused amongst people. We discussed burglaries, daughters walking home late at night on there own and a whole host of things. I think I was successful in putting over a different viewpoint but it is hard work. We both agreed that girls shouldn't be walking hem at night alone with lights on or off, and that with the lights off they be less inclined to do so.

On the saving money front, it was his view that he'd never benefit from it so what's the point? What he meant of course was that he'd never see a rebate, but of course the council would have more in their coffers, so wouldn't need to raise the council tax quite so quickly.

I think I got him thinking though - :)

Archived