Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

could be first light for me tonight

sparkyjon

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't think it worth setting up last night, but it was clear about 1:00 am. Got my old binocs out and had a peek at the moon while it was skirting the crest of our Bwlch mountain. Even these short moments give me a boost nowadays. :smiley:

Fingers crossed for tonight folks.

I didn't think it worth setting up last night, but it was clear about 1:00 am. Got my old binocs out and had a peek at the moon while it was skirting the crest of our Bwlch mountain. Even these short moments give me a boost nowadays. :smiley:

Fingers crossed for tonight folks.

you local to me mike, i'm living in the cimla?

yayy managed a good hour before the clouds come in thick, also hit my first light target of jupiter , plaedes and the great orion nebulas , before the next time i need to collimate my c8 as focus wasnt perfect although it wasnt that clear all night so that didnt help.

i'm well happy with my first light and am truly hooked , doing it all properly is all part of the game and i love it , get the scope out early , eating warm food , getting wrapped up and then sitting there looking up getting night vision, and scoping a target then boom.... jupiter rules picked up 4 moons as well..

i didnt go higher than my 26mm as focus wasnt great but i loved it.

Had an excelent couple of hours here in the Rhondda, the skies were clear facing south & west.

With a street light directly overhead, I set up the Telementor between parked cars and focused on Jupiter for the session; I was able to go to 140x using a 6mm eyepiece.

Being Saturday night, there was a lot of foot traffic, with a few people stopping to have a chat, and a look through the scope.

The best part was watching Jupiter Occult Io (7:30pm) as the night progressed.

Although a short session, My Wife and I really enjoyed the evening. :smiley:

Had an excelent couple of hours here in the Rhondda, the skies were clear facing south & west.

With a street light directly overhead, I set up the Telementor between parked cars and focused on Jupiter for the session; I was able to go to 140x using a 6mm eyepiece.

Being Saturday night, there was a lot of foot traffic, with a few people stopping to have a chat, and a look through the scope.

The best part was watching Jupiter Occult Io (7:30pm) as the night progressed.

Although a short session, My Wife and I really enjoyed the evening. :smiley:

I was also watching the shadow of IO,it was tack sharp at 240x magnification in the bino viewers

I only had naked eye for me. After a certain green supermarket really annoying me by sending me back out to fix some one else's mistake n instead of finishing 2 hours early finishing hr late I didn't get chance to. It was wall to wall cloud for me with the slight breaks in the cloud I was outside with the bins but after 45 mins being in -3 got to me. Cold bottom :p hopefully this will be more commen one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore any spelling typo thingys

Great views of Jupiter and its 4 moons last night, also saw Pleiades and the Orion nebula.........had a look at Procyon, Castor and Pollux too. My RDF started playing up, kept cutting out for a while.......think I'll have send FLO an email about it, only had it a month. Anyway I persevered and stayed out 'til 10pm...........I couldn't feel my feet by then :confused: . Checking the weather for the next clear night.

Matt,

I see you've come over to the bino side of the force. :smile:

Their awesome Mike and the image scale is incredible,watching the shadow of IO passing over the disc of jupiter brought hairs to the back of my neck,ive seen jupiter in loads of scopes but nothing like in the mak/cass.

Archived