Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Who owns the moon?

Gary70

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be us. Our gunships conquered it around 4 billion years ago and planted some evolutionarlily programmed seeds intended to provide us with a crop a delicatessen meats for our royal tables, where only the brains of planetary top predators are eaten. However, owing to an unforseen complication the creatures turned out to be rather bitter and unpleasant and their brains uneconomically small. We have never bothered to harvest the crop.

We will not be back.

Antidiloviocentradicharian.

I'm beginning to conclude Olly that you're a blumming nutcase :grin:

I remember I read a story about this guy who bought the insurance rights for all trips to the moon and according to the contract, any space mission heading for the moon is legally obliged to pay insurance expenses to this guy. I guess NASA just gave him a tremendously freezing cold shoulder... :D

This is something i have thought about for years. No single country "owns" the Moon. Sure America were the first nation to put a man on the moon and plant a flag............does that give them exsclusive rights?.

If that is the case..........................who owns space?......................the Russians, because they were the first nation to put a man into space.

I just thought i would point out that china are not signatories to the treaty

my apologies I have been watching too many old james Bond movies

May be you were thinking about the Moon Treaty, which no one cares about. It's signed by countries with no moon program, and not likely to have one in the foreseeable future.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Treaty

Archived