Hello From Devon

Denny

Hi All

Well I get my first ever scope tomorrow, maybe I should of looked here first before jumping in?

I have ordered a Sky-Watcher Skyliner-200P & a Sky-Watcher 2x Economy Barlow Lens . Hope this is not going to be too complicated just

want to start with the moon first then go on from there.... Some of the images on here are amazing.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Denny and welcome to the forum. Great start so far with a very good choice of scope. No need to hurry on other purchases, just a case of taking your time and enjoying the view for now.......the stars aren't going anywhere! :grin:

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Hi Denny welcome, Im pretty new here myself and im loving it, full of friendly people with some great advice. From what ive heard that scope is supposed to be great, hope the skys clear up for you over the weekend!

Rob

Welcome to SGL. Great scope choice. Was the exact scope I bought when I first started just over a year ago. I have just recently upgraded the Dobsonian mount to an NEQ6 Pro a couple of weeks ago. The Dobsonian mount was a diddle to use and a great way of learning to star hop. I'd recommend sky & telescopes pocket sky atlas to help you learn the sky with your new scope. I have kept the scope itself (OTA-Optical Tube Assembly) and mounted it on the EQ mount. Enjoy your new scope in the lovely dark skies of Devon. I grew up in north Devon. I highly recommend anywhere on dartmoor, Exmoor, Bodmin moor for observing. Particularly good are the moors above dulverton-had some of my best views of UK skies there when visiting my folks who still live down in Devon.

Hi all my scope arrived from Norwich at 0935 this morning, (Good Old Parcelforce) I have now got it all setup (I think)!!.

Not sure if I need a laser collimator though? I know I will need to get some filters also.

Once again thank you all for your nice comments & bear with me as dont understand some of the terms yet :grin:

Archived