Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello Out There

CptManering

Hi all another newbie here, looking to by a telescope, done a google and ended up here. Plan to read a few post get a little understanding of whats, whats. Then hopefully buy a scope and see some sights, well if this snow ever stops that is, I get cold just looking out the window never mind going out side in it.

Cheers

and lookng forward to chatting to you all.

Hi Captain and welcome to the forum. We're all doooomed!! :grin: :grin: Sorry I couldn't resist that as I am a fan of Dad's Army too. Glad you chosen to come in from the cold and join us all here. There are indeed a wide range of scopes out there that promise great things but in reality, it's what suits your needs and expectations that will be the one to get. In short, the best value for money scope that is out there is the dobsonian design, with scopes on Goto mounts being the most expensive per aperture. I always recommend sticking with the main manufacturers (Skywatcher, Meade and Celestron) rather than some of those seen on fleabay such as Sebens etc. In addition, it is a really good idea to attend one or two public observation evenings that are run by local astro clubs, as a way of your researching what type and size of scope you really want. That way you will be better able to establish your own bench mark of what you needs and which will help make sense of all those specifications that you can read about before parting with your money. Lastly, deciding on a budget beforehand is also useful in helping people make their recommendations to you and will help ensure you don't get too carried away - it has happened to the best of us. :smiley:

Clear skies soon and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Archived