Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello SGL from Murfey

Murfey

Hi All,

I have some beginner experience of astronomy and astrophotography. Looking to get my next hardware set-up (ETX 90 currently - not heavy duty enough I've found - OK for planets/sun/moon though). Not sure what to invest in - any ideas? I need an excellent heavy duty set-up to piggy-back or primary mount about 10kg of peripheral kit (DSLR, etc) and I am interested in photographing fuzzies and deep space objects, so some very long exposures and good tracking required. Budget about £1500 ish.

Anyway, have used this site a few times for tips and advice, so I thought it time I joined the community and dusted off the scope - looking forward to clear sky this evening...

Happy observing!

Hi Murfey and welcome to SGL, although you have some experience of AP you might like to consider a copy of Steve Richards book "Making Every Photon Count" available through FLO ,see top of page, you might also be better off posting in the imaging sections for more advise on AP equipment, before dipping your hand in your pocket, enjoy your Astronomy :)

John.

Hi Murfey and welcome to the forum. Steve Ricahrds ' book a definite must read and it will provide you with both the detail on what kit to get and why you need it along with a good overview for you to decide on how deep you want to go with it. They don't call imaging the "dark art" for nothing it is really important to do the research first as you don't want your first image of a black hole being the one in your wallet! :grin: :grin:

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Archived