NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Are you ready for the return of Stargazing Live???

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the weather this morning and it does say that things are going to get a little colder over the coming days with night time frost. Lets hope that is the case as I can cope with the cold. What I can't cope with is the blooming cloud cover. Am finally all sorted with a heatertape and controller to keep the dew at bay.....

Day 3 when they probably talk about comets meteorites from past to future comets heading our way in march and november which can be seen with naked eye

Comets to look out for in 2013

C/2011 L4 (PANSTARRS) occurring in March.

C/2012 S1 (ISON) occurring late November - This will be as bright as the full moon (but not as large!).

meteor showers april is next Lyrids

they may even talk about middlesbrough meteorite as Yorkshire museum has one :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk...currence/227188

Link below to Middlesbrough meteorite yorkshire museum has.

http://www.yorkshire...CollectionId=12

Have never seen one, this will be my first! I have to admit Brian Cox gets up my nose a bit! (Did anyone see the guy on C4 doing an impression of him?!) But hey, things can only get better *cough* ;)

15x70 bins delivered, awaiting a break in the London smog to look up for the first time..

Yes, ready and set it to 'series link' on the Sky+ box.

Went out to the event on Sat 5th at Wentworth Castle (Barnsley) - was pretty good for 45mins until the sky turned to cloud :(

Hoping to go along to one of the Pontefract Observatory meets and/or the Leeds Astro meet at Fairburn Ings on Thu.

Although typically it's currently chucking it down with rain.

Looking forward to it. Apparently they were finding there way a bit with last two but this year they are more familiar with how the show is put together. So think it will be the best yet.

Looking at the tv guide, tonights show at least is only an hour long. Im sure they were 2hour shows last year. May be wrong though.

There is an extra half hour programme after the main show called 'Back To Earth '

Looking forward to it here (especially as its cloudy out so may as well watch something good on the tele). I;d been interested in astronomy off and on all my life, but it was last years programme that gave me the push to finally get a telescope! Hopefully it'll enthuse some more people too :)

Rain here all night, at least that makes the decision about whether to watch live or get outside and gaze live an easy one!

I hope there are clear skies for the show's locations (although the fates aren't often compliant in that respect ;) )

Yep, really looking forward to it (as always)! Dilemma I have is that I'm still in the office, with 34 mins to go. It takes me about 35 to get home... Do I risk it, or watch from the office?

Sods law isn't it? Was cloudy and overcast last night. As dawn has broken this morning, there isn't a cloud in the sky, and there is frost on the ground. Blooming typical. In any case they were pretty much clouded out as well. Good job they had more content that wasn't weather dependent. Of course it would have been good to get some real stargazing in, but things of that nature are dependent on so many things that are out of their control.

I must say I did like the reports from the Curiosity control room though.

I enjoyed the program, but it seemed rushed to me, like they didnt have enough time for everything they wanted to show, cutting off guest speakers before they'd finished etc. I much prefer the back to earth bit where its open talking about anything that crops up. That should be an hour long show.

It did seem like there was a heck of a lot crammed in there, and as a result, they blasted through it very quickly. Still really enjoyed it although as you say, the Back to Earth bit was the real star (even if my inner tech geek got super excited over the Curiosity details!)

Archived