Hello from Sussex Coast

Radscanner

Hi,

I stumbled across this excellent site while surfing for a new telescope. I live on the coast so light pollution is not too bad. Returning to stargazing after many years, I've done exhaustive, and exhausting, research about which new scope to buy (my current scope is a cheap, shaky, item from Jessops. I'm torn between an Equitorial Mount + goto against a more simple setup. I hanker after a skywatcher 200p with SynScan but maybe a simpler 130 mm scope would be easier to use. I'm trying to find the stargazer member's second hand scope/equipment for sale forum but it doesn't seem obvious. Could someone please direct me if there is such a forum? Thank you.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Radscanner and welcome to SGL, I am afraid you will not be able to access the For Sale section before you have accumulated 50 posts and this extends to 250 post when it come to advertising your own items for sale. If you want to scan second user Astronomical items, then Astro/Buysell or Gumtree maybe of use to you. I am sure you will get a lot of varied and helpful suggestions for your new scope, whatever you finally end up with, enjoy your Astronomy :)

John.

Welcome to SGL

If price is an issue then it makes sense to consider how much tracking, GOTO and an equatorial mount are worth to you. They all cost money that isn't going into the optics and if you're not going to end up using them then there's not much point paying for them.

James

Archived