NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello From Sunderland!

Mentalmackem

Hi

My name is Gary and im from sunderland. Im in my mid 20's and im currently studing computer and systems development at university and working at a youth club. Ive just recieved my first telescope for christmas (celestron Astromaster 76mm EQ) so star gazing is all new to be but so fasanating its something ive always wanted to do. Im also a big PC gamer and a massive football fan.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Gary, If you haven't already, get yourself along to the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust in Washington to meet the Sunderland Astronomical Society. We meet there the second ( workshop night ) and third ( lecture night ) Sunday of each month from 7pm. It's a very active group with several private and public observing sessions throughout the year. Plenty of helpful members and lots of new members too, so always someone on hand to help you out etc. It's a bit darker at the WWT than the rest of Sunderland, and there's also the society observatory to make use of.

Hi Gary, If you haven't already, get yourself along to the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust in Washington to meet the Sunderland Astronomical Society. We meet there the second ( workshop night ) and third ( lecture night ) Sunday of each month from 7pm. It's a very active group with several private and public observing sessions throughout the year. Plenty of helpful members and lots of new members too, so always someone on hand to help you out etc. It's a bit darker at the WWT than the rest of Sunderland, and there's also the society observatory to make use of.

I havent yet but Jan or Feb i will be going along!

Thanks for all the kind welcome guys, now i just need the clouds to do one and maybe i can see somethings!

Archived