New guy

Maka_Nui

Hello everyone. As you can see I'm new here. Got my first telescope about a week ago. It's a Zhumell Z10 dobsonian and to say the least it is awesome. Of course I don't know anything about telescopes so that is just my opinion. I live on Oahu in Hawaii and usually have lots look at in the night sky. Basically I'm here to learn, as my next mission in life is to "accessorize" the new telescope. It came with 9mm and 32mm (I believe) eyepieces that appear to be respectable in quality and are certainly adequate enough to get me started. I will peruse the forums to gather more knowledge and ask questions to take me to the next level. So until then thanks for the welcome and thanks for being here...

Maka

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Maka and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on getting your new scope and I am sure you are going to be able to get in some great observations, especially with those amazing dark skies of yours.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Hi Maka and welcome to SGL, lovely part of the World you live in, as it your first telescope, you may not be aware of the free program Stellarium which will help you find your way about the night sky, if you are wanting assistance on any literature to read or accessories, then just ask in the relevant section, enjoy your Astronomy :icon_santa:

John.

Archived