Just joined

cjcj1949

I'm in Bracknell. I've been interested in Astronomy for as long as I can remember. I'm now 63. I've recently bought a new camera and I'm using software to combine photographs to increase the exposure time. I've used film cameras in the past but without much success. I bought a Nikon 510 because I want something cheaper and smaller than a DSLR. I've managed to get a photograph of Orion that shows the nebula. I also have Stellarium and I'm able to compare my photograph with what it shows. I would like to contact people who know how best to improve my results and what can be bought at reasonable cost.

Chris John

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Chris and welcome aboard. Any questions you have just ask away. There are lots of knowledgeable folks here who can pretty much answer anything! Good luck with the astro photog and post some results if you can.

All the best :)

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum. I can certainly recommend a book that will bring you up to speed on all things to do with imaging and that is a comprehensive book by Steve Richards, "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95). It can advise you on what kit you need and why you need it to take good consistent images that will meet your own expectations and covers all types of imaging in detail. The guys over on the imaging sections certainly know their stuff as evidenced by what they produce and can certainly contribute towards improving your current setup.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum.

James

Archived