NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello fellow earthlings.

JonDoe

Hi everyone im Jon

Very sad week with the passing of Sir Patrick, ive always had an interest in astromony and thats mostly down to him and the brilliant sky at night programme, so my being here is basicallly down to him, r.i.p Patrick and thanks for everything.

Well after many weeks of looking and reading and getting lost in the world that is "picking your first scope" i gave up trying to work out what was best and ended up buying a Skywatcher mak127 eq3-2, im just hoping it will be capable to doing a little of everything and maybe a bit of photography as thats an interest i might want to look more into in the future.

Anyway a great forum you have here im looking forward to what might be.

keep looking up

Jon

I

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL.

The 127 Mak is an excellent planetary/lunar scope and not too bad for most of the Messier objects either, though the narrow field of view can make tracking some of them down a challenge.

Combined with the EQ3-2 it's an excellent platform for planetary imaging, too (all of my postings in the planets/lunar/solar imaging sections are done with the same kit) and if you have a DSLR it can give you excellent full-frame shots of the Moon and Sun (with a suitable filter for the scope).

Have fun.

James

Archived