Stuart from Leeds

StuartJPP

Hello everyone

Just a bit about me, skip over if you bore easily.

I have only recently (last 8 months or so) been interested in astrology astronomy thanks to a work colleague. If it wasn't for him I still wouldn't know where Polaris is or even what "The Big Dipper" is. I decided to take an interest in astronomy on what has turned out to be the wettest and cloudiest year ever recorded in the history of mankind...thank god for Stellarium.

I currently do not have a telescope but I do have an AstroTrac, a dSLR and a bag full of lenses.

For most of my youth I lived in the southern hemisphere and in all that time not once did I see either of the Magellanic Clouds, which I am seriously regretting now.

Unlike others I am not scared to show off my VERY first DSO :p . This was taken on the 20th June 2012, as you may be able to tell, it is not tracked, but I did manage to frame M31 (almost) correctly (it is the fuzzy blob in the top right hand corner).

img000hgh.jpg

Stuart

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Stuart,

Welcome to SGL from me to. Good effort on Andromeda, took me three evenings to be sure I'd even found it correctly and still not managed to get an image!

Look forward to seeing a few more in the near future.

BR - Jake

Archived