Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello All

madjock72

Hi all my name is William aged 39 and im a jock in Newcastle who got married there when i was in the army and never came back north.

Got hooked into this when a member of the N.A.S (Newcastle Astronomical Society) came to my kids scout meeting and done a cracking talk to the kids. So after a bit of a wait i looked them up and have attended a couple of viewings at the Darkskies area at Northumberland which was amazing plus the society members are spot on with knowledge and helping with any problems you might have.

Didnt know what scope too buy but gave myself a budget of £200 and picked up the costco scope at £170, after reading about the wobble when the tripod is fully out wasnt a problem cause im a short Bottom. But a 5kg weight does reduce the wobble and with some better eyepieces the views are great. Im a self confessed Vega lover :D .

After having a play about with some of the other members scopes im planning on a Dob setup up with a goto mount, just need to sweet talk the wife that another trip to florida is worth waiting another few months for.

Hopefully get too know you soon over a few chats and some pictures.

HI william and welcome to the forum. Hope the 'negotiations' go well with the other half, got to play it gently here with your 'sweet talking' as there are plenty of eyepieces, accessories etc that have got your name on them in order to seduce you in the future! :grin: :grin:

Clear skies and enjoy the forum - no such thing as a daft question here (...mind you the replies can be a bit dodgy, I know as I write some of them! :grin: )

James

Archived