NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi Guys and thanks for you help uptil now :)

Astro_king

Hi everybody,

I have been looking around this forum for a while now and had a chance to use a borrowed konusmotor 114 to see what the fuss is all about.

Needless to say the views from Jupiter stayed with me and Orion I would say could have been better with bigger aperture.

I have just ordered a Dobsonian 200p Skyliner so can't wait for it to get delivered.

I would like to know what sort of kit do you guys recommend to buy now? as in a telrad and laser collimator along with filters (which ones? for planets nebulae etc) should I buy?

Also I would prefer to keep the finder scope that comes with the telescope but would like to know how can I stick the telrad onto my scope without compromising my scope as in making holes etc.

Many thanks for your help and would be fun to have a chat with you guys more often now that I have a reason to disturb you guys :)

bye for now!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to see what the fuss is all about.

The faint fuzz you mean? ^_^

Collimator and telrad is a good starting point, you might want to consider some more eyepieces after you've done some research as to what you want to achieve. No need to rush out buying, set up with what you have and go from there.

Welcome to SGL!

Archived