Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Realistic christmas list!

garethmob

iv been looking through alot of christmas lists lately and alot of them require a few "lottery wins" so i thought what about a realistic list

one which members can "nudge" onto their partners on what to get them, but also ideas for what to suggest!

so mines going to be......either a canon 1100 or a 10" dob both around the £380 mark!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're going to New York next month for Thanks Giving so I am hoping to pick up most of my Christmas list whilst we are there!

My list is rather more modest than those already posted in this thread - focal reducer, OIII filter, dew shield and maybe a 7mm or probably a 9mm X-cel LX ep.

I may hand them around when we get home for people to give me on the day. It depends what the weather is doing when we get home - cloudy = Christmas present, clear = think of something else for Christmas list as I'm going to be using them! :grin:

are they any good wad thinking for a cridtmas preseny

For the money, they're suppose to be very good :). Although, with all achromatic reflectors, they will suffer from chromatic abberation, the tripod is apparently quite shaky, but it will make a perfect portable scope for me, I'm not expecting the best views I've ever seen, although if I can get far away enough from light pollution it will be a great site!

HTH

For the money, they're suppose to be very good :). Although, with all achromatic reflectors, they will suffer from chromatic abberation, the tripod is apparently quite shaky, but it will make a perfect portable scope for me, I'm not expecting the best views I've ever seen, although if I can get far away enough from light pollution it will be a great site!

HTH

ok thanks for reply sounds like make a good present

Well I've made my Christmas list too for the wife but this year instead of going mad we thought we'd but a budget on it at around £250-£300 this year..

So my list is...

Focal reducer

Light pollution filter 2"

Dew heater shield

And a second hand canon D1100 or something.? I'm using her canon D600 which I got her last year and every time I use it I either think I'm going to drop it or dew's going to affect it in some way.? Oh and she keeps moaning that I leave it on raw photos in manual mode... Ooops.!

Not sure which light pollution filter to ask for either so if you guys could recommend a good this would be of great help..

As on the other thread my wishes are pretty modest compared to previous years.

A decent x2 barlow, not sure what one yet as a Tal is never going to be in stock so it wont be easy for Mrs P to track down.

Also at the moment I'm all about flight cases so a couple or more of them will be nice.

I like the polar meter for the Polarie too.

If I want to push the upper limit then a fisheye lens for the Canon.

Lol going well guys:P

Socks is one present I always find funny. What do we do with socks which cause them to disappear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

every one know it`s the one legged sock thief, he gets all over the world apparently, i may start a web site to match all the single socks up to make pairs, could be onto a winner there, i`ll be retiring next year!

Archived